I recently walked into a friends home and saw at least 10 unburned candles gorgeously adorning her living space.
10!! Never been lit candles. Sure. They looked fabulous and completed many style vignettes. But I burst out and said to her 'Candles. Are. For. Burning!'
They’re created to fill your home with gorgeous aromas, so to make the most of your beauties….
- Keep out of direct sunlight. Yes your candle might look gorgeous on your window sill, but it’s a surefire way to turn that baby all kinds of yellow.
- First burn is vital for creating an even burn pool and wax memory. Keep your candle burning until the wax melts all the way to the edge. Soy wax has a memory that if your first burn isn't complete to the edges, subsequent burns won't ever catch up.
- Trim wick to 1cm for consequent burns.
- At the end of your candle life, don’t burn with less than 1.5cm of wax left in the base. Wax is the fuel for the flame, if you burn this last remaining wax your vessel will overheat and risk exploding. You have been warned!
- Don’t leave burning candle unattended. EVER.
- Keep away from small humans and fur babies.